May 25, 2011

Thrifty White Wednesday

Just wanted to show off a few of my good deals for White Wednesday...

I snagged this petite wooden chair at a yard sale for $1.00
Yup...just $1.00!  And that's not a crack running down the chair...oh no..that's chippy green paint underneath.
I thought maybe I could use this chair to showcase these treasures I bought on Etsy.
This vintage wicker chair was bought at an estate sale for $30.00.  It's sooo comfy and solid that I just had to keep it for myself.  Did I mention it's quite large?  I put a quilted pillow sham over the cushion purchased at Goodwill for $1.00.
Just look at the arms on this beauty...this side has a built in space for magazines or books
and this one has room for a glass of something cool on a hot summer day.
I can't decide which look to go with. I  put this chiffony like panel over the cushion that was $2.00 and added a couple of my pillows to it. I think this look is way more romantic.  Just not sure how well the scarf will stay put when sat on.
And did I mention, the lovely owner at the estate sale threw in this wicker footstool for free?  It has shells on it which I don't favor, so for now I just draped  some lace over it till I can do something else.
And lone behold...my parents were out yard saling and brought me over this sweet wicker magazine basket that they picked up for me at the hefty price of $2.00.  How did they know that I had just scored all these wicker beauties???
Now this little baby below is really something.  It's too high to be a footstool, so I think it's a little sitting bench. It was handmade many years ago and is very heavy. (I got this for free by the way)

It was ugly brown and bumpy, so my dad stripped it. (It was way too gross to just paint over) 

Then he surprised me by painting it white, and my mom upholstered the seat with a pillow case that I bought at the thrift store for $1.00.
For now I have it in front of my mantel as a little extra place to sit.
And lastly...you may remember this folding wood chair that I had painted white and was going to sell. It was brown, vintage and $8.00 at a yard sale. 

Since it didn't sell at our shop's "At Home with White Event" ...I decided it was a sign that I was supposed to "keep it."  Don't you just love signs like that???
I grabbed a couple pillows I already owned, then I dressed her in a ruffled bed skirt picked up at a second hand shop for $2.99. (I know...I know...I have to iron it)
So for under $50.00, I scored a wooden chair, wicker chair, wicker footstool, magazine basket, a sitting bench, folding wood chair and a sham, chiffon panel, pillowcase, and bed skirt. Thriftiness is so rewarding.

I'm linking up with Kathleen over at Faded Charm Cottage for her 101st White Wednesday. 
 See you all there
karens sig 2

8 comments:

Vintage Gal said...

Wow ~ Wow ~ Wow ~ I cannot believe the TREASURES you have picked up. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all of them ~ can't stop ~ W - O - W
;-)

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Such lovely bargain finds, Karen! You've got a great eye for treasures, and your parents are too sweet!
Happy WW!
- susan

Anonymous said...

How I am loving your blog! It is beautiful!

I am your newest follower...your home is so lovely I'm drooling! lol
all of your thrifty vintage finds are amazing....and it's so funny how some people just throw the good stuff out! isn't it.....but that is a great thing for shabby lovers!

Do come by and visit with me if you like.
It would be my pleasure to have you!

ciao bella



CREATIVE CARMELINA

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Everything is just beautiful!
Celeste, victoriantailor.com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Hi Karen,
Your home look so warm and inviting. Love the jar display. Thanks so much for the visit and compliment. Love your blog.

Ido said...

Love that chair that you got for $1.00 what an awesome find!
Have a great weekend!
XXX Ido

Jeannie said...

You really got some great deals there, especially that wicker chair!! Love the way you dressed them up. I just love getting great deals at garage sales. Scored some myself this past weekend!

Rebecca said...

I have just found your blog! I am your newest follower, and I've added you to my sidebar fav reads! Stop by when you get a chance.

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca